Application for approval of theme of doctoral dissertation
THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS APPLY FOR SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR THE 15 FIELDS COORDINATED BY THE BIOTECHNICAL FACULTY:
A candidate who wishes to obtain the title of Doctor of Science at the Biotechnical Faculty must submit a proposal for the doctoral dissertation to the office for Level 3 studies at the Biotechnical Faculty (Address. University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Jamnikarjeva 101, 1000 Ljubljana). An authorised member of staff of the office establishes whether the application is complete and confirms its receipt. If the application is incomplete, the candidate is asked to rectify the established deficiencies.
PROPOSAL OF A DOCTORAL DISSERTATION MUST INCLUDE:
1. A request, in which the candidate:
requests approval of the theme and title of the doctoral dissertation
states the title of the proposed doctoral dissertation (in both SLOVENE and ENGLISH)
proposes the field of the theme of the doctoral dissertation, which is the same as the field in which he/she is enrolled (agronomy, biology, bioinformatics etc.)
proposes a supervisor/co-supervisor.
the candidate may ask to write it in a foreign language (if the candidate is not Slovene or a member of the committee for assessing the theme or assessing the dissertation is from abroad)
The candidate should state in the request exact personal data (address, date of birth) and undergraduate and/or postgraduate scientific titles obtained.
The candidate, supervisor and co-supervisor must sign the request.
2. Curriculum vitae, written under points that should include:
personal data (date and place of birth, home and work address, telephone number, GSM, electronic address)
candidate's development in the scientific field (education, whereby the candidate should also note the title of graduate/masters dissertation, date of defence, basic scientific field and supervisor; other professional education, memberships etc. at home and/or abroad);
3. Bibliography, i.e., list of candidate's published scientific and other professional work or creations;
4. Disposition of the proposal of the doctoral dissertation (see next paragraph);
5. Should the doctoral dissertation include animal testing, a permission for animal experimentation from UVHVVR (The Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Food Safety, Veterinary and Plant Protection) must be enclosed with the application. If a clinical research will be conducted, a consent of the National Medical Ethics Committee by Ministry of Health is to be enclosed (in an application)
6. Other documents: A proof that you have attended the presentation of at least three topics of doctoral dissertations of other doctorates. Read more...
THE DISPOSITION OF THE PROPOSAL OF A DOCTORAL DISSERTATION MUST CONTAIN:
title of dissertation (in both SLOVENE and ENGLISH);
scientific field to which the proposed theme of the doctoral dissertation relates;
specification of the research problem;
review of research to date of the specified research problem;
- clearly presented research hypotheses and/or research questions and/or research goals;
description of research methods;
expected results and the original contribution of the dissertation to the development of science;
The disposition may consist of between 3 and 7 pages of text and the most important sources and literature on additional pages.
FOR SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR THE FIELD OF TECHNICAL SYSTEMS IN BIOTECHNOLOGY, WHICH IS COORDINATED BY THE FACULTY OF ENGINEERING , instructions are published on the website:
FOR SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR THE FIELD OF NANOSCIENCES, WHICH IS COORDINATED BY THE FACULTY OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, instructions are published on the website:
You have to fulfil the form: Obrazec za prijavo teme (Request approval of the theme).
FOR SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR THE FIELD OF BIOINFORMATICS, WHICH IS COORDINATED BY THE FACULTY OF COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE, instructions are published on the website: